- Get the application package
The application package for a start-up visa includes an instruction guide and a document checklist.
2. Fill out the application form
3. Complete the document checklist
- Fill out the Generic Application Form for Canada on your computer.
- Click the “Validate” button on the form. If there are any fields you still need to fill out, they will be outlined in red.
- Print the validated application form. Make sure to print all pages of the application form and the barcode page. The barcode page will come up after you validate the form. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.
- Sign and date the form where asked.
- Gather all supporting documents and information in the order identified in the Document Checklist.
- Check off each item.
- Place all identification and supporting documents in a sealed envelope.
- Print out the document checklist and sign it.
- Include the document checklist as the cover page of your application.
4. Pay your application feesIn most cases, your fees will include:In most cases, you must pay a biometrics fee when you submit your application. Otherwise, you may experience delays. The biometrics fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and a digital photo.After you pay the biometrics fee with a complete application, you’ll be sent a letter confirming that you need to give your biometrics and information about where you can to it. You must show this letter when you give your biometrics.You must give your biometrics in person. Make sure to book an appointment if this service is offered
. Find a collection point close to you.Depending on your situation, you may need to pay third parties for:
The instruction guide can help you understand which fees apply to you.
You have to pay your fees online (force opens in new tab).
5. Submit your applicationAll of your answers must be complete and true. If the committee finds out that you gave them false information or left out important details:
✓ If there are multiple people applying for permanent residence (PR) as partners in a qualifying business, the committee won’t process any applications until all have been received.✓ Each business partner must submit their own application. Do not submit all applications in one envelope.✓ If a team member will no longer be submitting a permanent residence application you must use the web form to tell the committee as soon as possible.To make sure you have a complete application, you must:
- your application could be refused
- you could be found inadmissible and
- you could be barred for five years from applying to come to Canada for any reason
If you forget something, the application will be sent back to you. You’ll have to fix any errors and resubmit it.Mail your complete application to the address in the instruction guide
- answer all questions
- sign your application and all forms
- pay your processing fees and attach a copy of the receipt to your application
- include all the supporting documents