One of the main benefits of private healthcare is that you’ll often get access to treatment faster than with the NHS. Comprehensive health insurance policies will provide additional benefits such as out-patient treatment (scans, tests, x-rays and hospital appointments where you aren't admitted).
One of the most popular private health insurances is Bupa
. You can find insurance policies such as Bupa By You, which allows individuals to build the perfect health plan to suit their personal needs.
You can add your partner (if you both live at the same address) or dependants onto your policy at any time. The average yearly premium on private health insurance is around £1,500. The amount you pay depends on your insurer, what’s covered on your policy and your own circumstances and current state of health.
Prices start at £100. Depending on the plan you choose, different hospitals will become available to you:
- With the "Essential" plan, you'll be able to visit more than 200 hospitals across the country;
- "Extended" gives you access to over 900 hospitals;
- "Extended + London" –– to over 100.
BUPA offers a wide range of services, which is why this company is one of the market leaders. The company offers:
- Coverage of more mental health conditions than any other insurer
- Health advice available 24/7
- Access to breakthrough cancer drugs and treatment
- Live video GP consultations via the app