1. Fly to Romania
After entering Romania, you must obtain a residence permit. At least 30 days before the expiry of the visa (90 days), you will need to submit an application online before visiting the office of the General Inspectorate for Immigration.2. Apply online with the following documents:
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- Proof of accommodation in Romania. Rental agreement or any other proof that you have a place to live in during your stay.
- Criminal record certificate issued by the competent authorities, requested in the country of origin or residence.
- Employment contract concluded with a company registered outside Romania for at least three years at the date of the visa application.
- Official document attesting the up-to-date functioning of the foreign company. The applicant has to present all the identification and contact details of the company, as well as its field of activity, the applicant’s participation in the company and information on the company’s legal representatives.
- Tax certificate and fiscal residence certificate issued by the specialised office of the competent government institution of the place of fiscal residence, attesting that the employed visa applicant paid taxes, duties and other compulsory contributions up to date and is not registered with acts and facts of tax evasion and tax fraud.
- Proof of means of subsistence (i.e. bank statements, contracts). The amount of at least three times the average gross monthly salary in Romania (€ 3690 in 2022) for each of the last 6 months prior to the date of the visa application, as well as for the entire period covered by the visa.
3. Wait for the permit
- Proof of state health insurance.The applicant must submit a certificate issued by the Health Insurance House or a receipt proving the payment.
The processing time for granting or extending residence permit is 30 days. The deadline might be extended by 15 days in case additional checks are required.